Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Southeastern NY Library Resources Council
New York Library Association
Select COVID-19 resources from the New York Library Association (NYLA):
NYLA updates on COVID-19: NYLA has been posting updates on news relating to COVID-19 and libraries. This includes links to relevant executive orders by Governor Cuomo.
Re-opening Database: Urban Libraries Unite and NYLA partnered to create a shared database of NYS library re-opening plans.
Ask the Lawyer
Southeastern NY Library Resources Council offers a service to members called "Ask the Lawyer". During the pandemic, the attorney has addressed several legal questions related to COVID-19.
You can find all COVID related questions here. Some recent COVID-19 related questions cover:
A list of recently asked questions is available on Southeastern's website. You can submit a question using the form here.
Links to Public Library Systems
REALM Project (Reopening Archives, Libraries, and Museums) is a research project conducted by OCLC, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and research organization Battelle to gauge the longevity of the SARS-CoV-2 virus on a variety of materials common to cultural institutions.
- Project updates can be found here.
- A Toolkit with resources for libraries, museums, and archives.
- An FAQ including answers to questions about the project, as well as common questions about the virus.
- Test 1 - Hardback book cover (buckram cloth), softback book cover, plain paper pages inside a closed book, plastic book covering, DVD case.
- Test 2 - Braille paper pages, glossy paper pages from a coffee table book, magazine pages, children's board book, archival folders.
- Test 3 - Talking book USB cassette, DVD, Storage bag (flexible plastic), storage container (rigid plastic), plexiglass.
- Test 4 - (Materials were tested in a stacked formation). Hardback book cover (buckram cloth), softbook book cover, DVD cases, Mylar protective book cover jackets, and expanded polyethylene foam.
- Test 5 - Leather book covers, synthetic leather, polyolefin fabric, cotton fabric, and nylon webbing.
- Test 6 - Glass, marble, laminate, brass, powder-coated steel.
You can subscribe to REALM email updates by heading here.
Southeastern has been offering a variety of professional development on different topics. You can find all upcoming events on Southeastern's website.
Some archived events related to COVID-19:
- Stress Management and Self-Care (5/7): This webinar provided a look into sources of stress due to COVID-19. The webinar included helpful strategies for practicing self-care.
- Psychological First Aid (5/21): Strategies for providing aid to communities during stressful times.
- Developing RESLIENT libraries (10/1): A workshop focusing on developing disaster plans and preparing for emergencies. (This was a part of the RESILIENT workshop series, focusing on disaster preparedness.)
- Self-Care, Self-dense, & de-escalation (10/20): This workshop provided methods for library staff to take care of their mental and emotional health. It also provided strategies for staying safe while diffusing antagonistic or threatening behavior in the library. (Part of the RESILIENT workshop series.)
Empire State Library Network (ESLN):
ESLN, which consists of the nine New York library resources councils, has created a shared calendar listing all current professional development opportunities. The workshops are open to all NY library staff.
21 South Elting Corners Road | Highland, NY 12528
Phone: (845) 883-9065